Re: sco unixware7 binaries anyone?

From: Vincent Goffin (vjg@research.att.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 22:58:25 MET

    OK, problem solved. My machine has a good gcc, but was still using
    the SCO as that knows nothing about mmx apparently. The trick was
    to get assembler using gcc -S, then generate a binary using the gnu as,
    and finally to get an executable using gcc again.
    The iteration count approximately doubles, from ~90K to ~160K,
    so it was well worth the effort.
    The gnu as comes in the binutils package. I tried forever to build
    a new gcc but was not successful -- in the end only the as was needed.
    Thanks to all who contributed tips!