Re: Expected itterations between points

From: Daniel de Rauglaudre (daniel.de_rauglaudre@inria.fr)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 13:26:51 MET

    Hello,

    On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 05:44:28PM -0700, Dan Oetting wrote:
    > I haven't found a new point in days (over 7,000,000,000 iterations). I
    > realize the odds against this are only a little over 100 to 1 so a dry
    > spell of this length is going to hit somebody every 100+ points. But why
    > did it have to hit me :-(

    Be happy: the most number of iterations you made, the better the point is!
    These points have more chance to be matched!

    Actually, it is not the number of points which counts, but the number
    of iterations you made. The distinguished points are just the
    "checkpoints" of the iterations!

    > I was just thinking it might be interesting to have a chart showing the
    > iterations for points found in comparison to the projected probabilities.

    We could do that for the next ECDL project, if there is some...

    --
    Daniel de RAUGLAUDRE
    daniel.de_rauglaudre@inria.fr