Expected itterations between points

From: Poltergst (jfoug@kdsi.net)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 06:01:05 MET

    I have had a machine get almost 20,000,000,000 points without a
    distinguished point found. Several days later, that same PC
    (~90,000/s) found 18 points (average should be ~5 points/day)

    You just never know. I don't think the points are evenly
    distributed, i.e. I have had too many PC's go a long time with
    nothing, and then had 3-5 points found in less than a billion
    itterations. (just personal observations with many PC's)

    I don't think your odd's are 1 in 100, but you have hit a "dry"
    spot in the search-space.

    Jim.