Re: 128 bit MMX

From: Eugene Leitl (eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 23:53:50 MET

    Robert Harley writes:
    > Eugene Leitl (eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de) wrote:
    > >I haven't read the source. Can somebody tell me how much ecdl would
    > >profit from 128 bit MMX?
    >
    > I'm not sure what you mean by "128 bit MMX"!

    It was a pretty wide shot. I might be getting a PSX2 (Playstation 2)
    dev kit sometime soon, and we're at Wulfstation project were looking
    around for a demo app. (Now there are OpenSource issues with Sony,
    which might endanger the whole project, but we don't have definitive
    information yet).

    > Xavier and I looked into the possibility of using SSE instructions,
    > a.k.a. KNI. Xavier patched a Linux kernel to allow the instructions

    Ah, Intel's answer to 3D Now!.

    > to be used and I wrote some code to do the ECDL arithmetic operations
    > with them.

    Are you aware of this thingy here? http://shay.ecn.purdue.edu/~swar/
    Though not yet publicly available, you can access SWARC via a web
    front end.