Re: 128 bit MMX\XMM\AltiVec

From: Dan Oetting (oetting@gldmutt.cr.usgs.gov)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 19:36:58 MET

    At 4:40 -0700 2/6/2000, Robert Harley wrote:
    >Dan Oetting has been working on an Altivec version
    >for PowerPC G4 processors. There are 32 registers with 128 bits and
    >all the operations we need, including shifts, are available. It looks
    >like this will produce a speed up, although it is not quite ready yet.

    I have the AltiVec code working but I can't seem to get the external stuff
    to work. Even the rotate cursor magic is missing the critical function that
    actually rotates the cursor (I think it's an MPW thing). Someone that
    already knows the incantations of GUSI should put together a client with my
    AltiVec code and I'll keep working on making it faster.

    -- Dan Oetting <oetting@ghtmail.cr.usgs.gov>