re: systray version?

From: jfougero@dtn.com
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 16:42:41 MET

> Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 07:46:49 -0500
> To: ecdl-list@pauillac.inria.fr
> From: "B.K. DeLong" <bkdelong@pobox.com>
> Subject: systray version?
>
> Hi all-
>

> Has anyone developed a functioning Win 9x/NT version of the software that
> will auto-minimize to the systray? I heard we were pretty close to getting
> this done and it won't be long before the processes on my 25 machines will
> slowly get shut down as people return from holiday.
>
> I can at least 5 more machines if we can develop such a feature......
>

> --
> B.K. DeLong 203 Washington St
> bkdelong@pobox.com Salem, MA 01970

I have a version which is just about ready to be released. This version
is based upon Brian Gladmans Port. It does these things:

- 1.1.0 patches.
- Faster than on most MMX machines (10-40% than Gladmans port) Usually
  much faster than the original Cygwin port.
- One version for both MMX and non-MMX.
- Tray icon (with a tool tip listing points found, Iteration speed,
  iteration count.
- Much better listing of statistics, updated about every 10 seconds.
- A stealth mode which does not show any tray icon when the app is
  minimized (app still shows up in the task list). When minimized in
  stealth mode, the creation of the file c:\wingui_ecdl.visible will
  make the tray icon visible on the next statistics update.
- uses the registry to store settings between runs.
- has an auto start mode
- has an auto minimize (and send to tray) mode.
- has multi processor mode (as per Gladmans port)

I am adding the ability to have multiple PC's to store their
dist.points file as a common network file. This code is almost
done.

If anyone is interested in this version, please reply to
jfoug@kdsi.net (and possibly also post to this listserv also).
When this port is completed (and there is interest), I will
release the code to INRIA (if they want it). NOTE I have been
running this on 25+ machines and it runs very nicely.

Jim Fougeron.