Re: Problems sending points

From: Robert Harley (harley@landfield.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 18:30:29 MET

Pascal LE GAL wrote:
>I followed the procedure and so sent (yesterday morning) the file
>dist1.points to ecdl2K-108@cristal.inria.fr without any subject (the
>file was attached to the mail). These points have not been taken into
>account on the web page [...] Did I made a mistake ????

The points arrived but you sent them as a MIME attachment using BASE64
encoding. So they arrived looking like this:

>CkRpc3Rpbmd1aXNoZWQgcG9pbnQgZm91bmQgYXQ6IEZyaSBEZWMgMTcgMjE6NDU6MjAgMTk5
>OQpFQ0MtTDB8Q3lnd2luMzJ8MS4xLjAgTU1YfApFQ0MtTDF8MzQ3RjFFQUYyREQ5MzZDRjJB
>[...]

Our scripts don't decode BASE64 automatically so it takes a day or
two until we go through the log files and decode them.

To have them show up straight away and to reduce our workload it is
best to send the the points using a plain encoding (like 7bit or 8bit)
or just copy and paste them into the body of the email message.

Thank you for your contribution!
  Rob.