RE: NT Service Update

From: Jeff Gilchrist (Jeff.Gilchrist@entrust.com)
Date: Sun Dec 19 1999 - 21:59:40 MET

I was able to get the service code working fine but I have run into another
problem now. The service code I have written will compile using MS VC++ but
the ECDL code will only compile using CYGWIN. I can either try and port the
ECDL code to work on VC++ (which is a lot of work) or I can try to get the
service code to compile under CYGWIN gcc which seems possible. The Gladman
port I think will compile under VC++ but it is based on older code before
the HTTP stuff was added.

I downloaded CYGWIN 20.1 and also GCC 2.95.2 but when I try to compile the
1.1.0 ECDL code I get hundreds of parse errors in "winbase.h".

I am using:
gcc -O3 -DMMX ecdl2K-108.32bit.c -o ecdl.exe

Do you need to do anything special when you install CYGWIN? I downloaded
the full.exe and installed that, then I installed gcc 2.95.2, then the
binutils-2.9.4, then winapi-bin-1999-11-18.

Regards,
Jeff.