Re: Time for checking results?

From: Robert Harley (Robert.Harley@inria.fr)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 16:51:24 MET

    Mikhail N. Volkov wrote:
    >I'm checking statistics and sometimes wonder - at what time does your
    >server makes check for dist. points if they match?

    It varies... I run the check manually, usually in the afternoon or
    early evening. The reason it is not fully automatic is that sometimes
    we receive points that are broken in strange and wonderful ways, and
    they need human intervention to fix them (rather than a script which
    would summarily throw them out).

    By the way, we just made a slight change to the source code.
    Two lines in httpPost() need to be swapped. They are:

         fclose(f);

    and:

         close(s);

    at lines 2406 and 2428 in the 64-bit source code and lines 3721 and
    3743 in the 32-bit source code.

    This was a "potential issue", or whatever the euphemism-du-jour for
    "bug" is. =:-) But fear not, it is unlikely that anyone ever hit it
    and even if they did it wouldn't matter: the fclose() instead of
    close() would have given a "Bad file number" warning or possibly
    stopped with a segfault. And the close() instead of fclose() would
    have done nothing, except leak a FILE *.

    Thanks to Jose Kahan and Philippe Deschamp for spotting this.

    Rob.