Re: 64 bits on HP PA, anyone ?

From: Philippe Deschamp (Philippe.Deschamp@inria.fr)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 18:43:17 MET

    Tobias Bergmann wrote:

    > [Do Jong Gwan] gave me a compiled version for HPUX 11 which you may download from
    > my
    > account: http://rupert.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/~bergmats/ecdl2k-hppa11-64bit
    >
    > Unfortunately that binary didn't work on the HPUX 10.20 system I'm working
    > on but why should it. :-\

    Thanks a lot for your answer. I am in the same predicament as you are : all my
    HP-UXes say their OSes have a current release level of B.10.20, whatever that means.

    That's funny, my Linux box states that the hppa11 binary is
    ELF 64-bit (`) MSB executable, PA-RISC, version 1
    where the HPs only see ``data'' :-(

    Is that the final answer, ``No way'' !? There should be a way to compile programs
    manipulating 64 bits integers, even for a 32 bits OS, shouldn't there ?

    --
    Philippe Deschamp.                  In medio stat virtus