Re: Point Comparison

From: Dan Oetting (oetting@gldmutt.cr.usgs.gov)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 18:48:36 MET

    At 8:28 -0700 1/19/2000, Daniel de Rauglaudre wrote:
    >On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 08:38:31PM +1000, Mikhail N. Volkov wrote:
    >
    >> Why not putting on stats page something like "Points found: NNNNN ,
    >> probability of success: XX%" ?
    >> So everybody can see< how much work left to be done.
    >
    >Ok, it is displayed now in the "Summary" page.
    >I hope that I took the good formula to compute this value... :-)

    It sounds like there is now a 90% probability of failure! This should be
    labeled something like "Initial probability of success at this point".
    Another usefull number to display would be "Probability of success in the
    next 24 hours" and possibly "Number of days to reach 50% from here"

    PS: How do you explain mean, median and mode to the average Joe? 8^)

    -- Dan Oetting <oetting@ghtmail.cr.usgs.gov>