Re: "IDEAL" client program

From: Philippe Deschamp (Philippe.Deschamp@INRIA.Fr)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 11:56:38 MET

> > Now it would be nice to get an acknowledgement to the e-mail [...]
>
> Automatic Email replies are dangerous.
> Some people use auto-reply when they are in vacation.

Vacation programs usually answer only once a week to each correspondent.
Furthermore, your automatic acknowledger might answer stating the number of
points received, doing nothing when it receives a message without any point
=> no loop.

I too would like an acknowledgement when I send points "by hand", as I may
make a mistake with cut&paste for example... but not when my machine sends
them without supervision (I would not want to impose that on the people who
send hundreds of point each and every day!). Maybe the "Subject" line could
be put to use here --- sth. like "ACK please"?

--
Philippe Deschamp.                  In medio stat virtus