Re: Running with two machines.

From: Daniel de Rauglaudre (daniel.de_rauglaudre@inria.fr)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 09:55:44 MET

> I cannot install the rpm packages on both machines, because one does not deal with rpm, so I had to compile the prg on it.
> So on my second machine, there is no /usr/local/ecdl/launch file.
>
> What to do, so, to make both of my machine work together?

Therefore, in your second machine, you launched ecdl by hand, using
something like:
     ../ecdl mail by eric on foo

As "foo", use what you wrote for the variable MACHINE in the launch file.
If you left it as `uname -n`, just type uname -n in the rpm machine to
see what it answers and put that in your command line in the place of
the above "foo".

When any of the two machines finds a distinguished point, it says it was
found in the "foo" machine. You can name them any name you want.

--
Daniel de RAUGLAUDRE
daniel.de_rauglaudre@inria.fr