Re: Windows port works on Win95/98 and request

From: SteveA (steve137@bigplanet.com)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 05:56:54 MET

I too downloaded the win32 port but it did not work any any of my
machines. So I guessed that the DLL wasnt corrupt but it was actually
linked to the Cygwin 20.1 install. I installed Cygwin 20.1 on one of my
machines and the ecdl client worked fine. I then copied the Cygwin
directory to my other machines and it worked on them as well.

Question though, in a previous email, some one stated that the MMX
version on a 500Mhz x86 would get roughly 146K iterations a sec. I have
a 450Mhz x86 and only get 99K iterations a second with the MMX core
under WinNT. Is there really that much overhead with NT compared to unix
to account for the 50,000 iteration a second differnce?

~~Steve