Re: Sparc 10

From: Xavier Leroy (Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 17:49:33 MET

    > How about software that will run on a Sparc 10? I have several Dual Ross
    > Sparc 10's.

    The source for the 32-bit Unix client should compile right out of the
    box on a Sparc 10 under Solaris or Linux or BSD. For good old SunOS 4,
    I had to add the following lines at the beginning of the source:

      int sys_nerr;
      char *sys_errlist[];
      #define strerror(err) (err < sys_nerr ? sys_errlist[err] : "??")

    But now it works like a charm (albeit very slowly).

    - Xavier Leroy