Best hardware?

From: Simpson, Sam (s.simpson@mia.co.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 12:30:04 MET

    I have a theoretical question (e.g. I'm not going to implement this!)...If I
    had £60k to spend on making a machine to devote to cracking ECDL - what
    would be the best hardware to buy for price/performance?

    My initial thoughts were:

     Dual Celeron 500 w/64 Mb of RAM.

    But I'm not sure if the recent Celerons supports MMX?

    Has anyone done a price/performance comparison of the various platforms?

    Cheers,

    Sam Simpson
    Communications Analyst
    -- http://www.scramdisk.clara.net/ for ScramDisk hard-drive encryption &
    Delphi Crypto Components. PGP Keys available at the same site.