Re: Help anyone: http unknown host error

From: Robert Harley (harley@landfield.com)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 19:33:21 MET

>Tried to configure ecdl v1.1 to http POST results and the log file
>reports an "unknown host error" for cristal.inria.fr. When I use
>netscape and type in the URL no problem finding the web server.

Perhaps you have Netscape configured to use a proxy.
Check in Edit->Preferences, Advanced->Proxies.

For instance I have "Manual proxy configuration" with host set to
www-rocq.inria.fr and port number 8080.

You could specify the proxy in the script the runs ECDL (or directly
on the ECDL command line).

In my case I could use:

  proxy www-rocq.inria.fr:8080

Bye,