RE: 30 PC lab to join the effort

From: Jeff Gilchrist (Jeff.Gilchrist@entrust.com)
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 14:45:01 MET

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Harley [mailto:Robert.Harley@inria.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 1999 4:04 PM
To: ecdl-list@pauillac.inria.fr
Subject: Re: 30 PC lab to join the effort

> If you get source code from somebody, ensure that is freely
> available under a licence compatible with the GNU GPL. Free
> meaning gratuit and libre but also devoid of "understandings"
> of reciprocal back-scratching.

Thanks Mary Beth for the suggestion of contacting distributed.net and
dcypher.net. I have talked to people in both groups and have received
source code to make a client into an NT service from both.

I will double check to make sure it is free source (ala GPL) and then try to
integrate it into the windows version. So far they have not asked for
anything in return.

Jeff.