Re: SMP computers

From: Robert Harley (harley@landfield.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 18:04:10 MET

Manu wrote:
>Hi. It seems that ecdl isn't optimised for multiprocessing computers.
>Did I see right ?. on my Bi PII, only 1 processor is used, with a
>version downloaded yesterday. Is there a plan for changing that ?

You can make two directories and run two copies... seriously.

There is another Windows port by Brian Gladman, that I just put in
ports/Gladman/.

It is not as polished as Xavier's Cygwin version yet, and Brian is
away for a few days so he can't work on it. But it does automatically
use multiple processors on NT.

If you want to run it and you know what you're doing, then go ahead.

Bye,
  Rob.