RE: 30 PC lab to join the effort

From: Jeff Gilchrist (Jeff.Gilchrist@entrust.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 15:37:52 MET

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary Beth Wirtz Osiecki [mailto:osieckis@nji.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 1999 9:29 AM
To: Jeff Gilchrist
Cc: 'ecdl-list@pauillac.inria.fr'
Subject: Re: 30 PC lab to join the effort

> Distributed.NET and DCypher.NET both provide clients that
> minimize to the systray. This also causes them to run
> without DOS overhead. I know it's only .1% but that .1%
> (as measured by WinTop) could be put to more productive use)!
> Perhaps they would be willing to help if we contacted them.
> Distributed's client will also run as a service in 9x and NT.

I'm not sure how much help we might get since the source code to their
client software is not available (only some of the core code) and they are
both currently working on the CSC cracking project so I'm sure their
resources are stretched to the limit.

They might however be willing just to give up the source code for making a
client into an NT service and then we could add it ourselves to the ECDL
client. Does anyone know any of the programmers at distributed.net?

Jeff.