Let's get this show on the road

From: Robert Harley (harley@landfield.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 22:27:07 MET

OK ladies and gentlemen, let's get this show on the road!

Here at INRIA we delayed things a bit to develop an MMX version of the
ECDL client program, and it was well worth the wait: a 500 MHz x86 PC now
manages about 147 k iterations per second with MMX versus 82 k without!

In the following directory you can find version 0.99.0 of the Unix
source code (32-bit and 64-bit, gcc 2.95 recommended) and an rpm for
x86 Linux:

  http://cristal.inria.fr/~harley/ecdl7/source/

This a final beta for adventurous people to start running and for
porters to start porting.

Please report any difficulties, even minor, back to us so that we can
smooth out any rough edges for version 1.0.0. Due in a few days, it
should be essentially identical except perhaps for minor issues like
clarifications in the documentation.

Note: Web pages to display statistics are not in place just yet.

Good luck!

Hacker-in-chief: Rob Harley (Robert.Harley@inria.fr).

Vice-hackers: Damien Doligez a.k.a. Planar, Xavier Leroy, Daniel de Rauglaudre.

Code reviewers: Jacques Garrigues, Michel Mauny, Pierre Weis.