Procedure for submitting your entries
You must submit your program as a
tar file, compressed
tar file must contain (at
least) the following:
README file, giving some details about your entry.
buildme executable file, which we will launch once
before judging your entry. This
buildme file should be a script that compiles your
sources and builds
runme. If you submit your program
as a precompiled executable (which is strongly advised), then
buildme can be an empty file.
source directory that contains the source code of
your program. You must give us the rights to publish some or all
of your source on the contest Web page and at the conference.
See FAQ number 29 for more details.
runme executable file, your entry. This is not
needed if you use the
buildme to compile it.
tar file is ready, go over to the submission page and fill in the form. The
fields are explained below.
- Team name: choose a cool name for your team.
- Program name: choose a cool name for your program. The
same team may submit several programs if they are different
- Original submission/Resubmission: check Original
submission if this is your first submission of this program; check
Resubmission if this is a new and improved version of a program
that you have already submitted.
- Contact e-mail address: the e-mail address of one member of
the team. This e-mail address will be used (if needed) for
correspondence about your entry. It will not be used for anything
- File: depending on your browser, you will enter the
pathname of your (gzipped) tar file, or choose it from a GUI
- Size: the size (in bytes) of your gzipped tar file. This
will be used for checking that your submission got through
- MD5 sum: the MD5 fingerprint of your gzipped tar file.
This will also be used to check the integrity of your file.
- Language(s) used: which programming language(s) is your
submission written in? This is entirely optional and purely to
satisfy the judges' curiosity.
Then you can click the Submit button (or do whatever Lynx
users do instead of clicking buttons :-)